Sunday, December 27, 2009

Has anyone ever had someone send them an object on Ebay that was broken? And how did you resolve the problem?

I bought an Xbox 360 from someone over Ebay, I got it promptly, but the Xbox 360 is defective and doesn't play any disks. I have tried to contact the seller many times but he is ignoring me. I have to wait 6 more days till I can have Ebay get inolved, however I am worried that I will somehow be stuck with my defective unit. Are my worries grounded, or will things work out through Ebay? Thank you, I would just like an opinion of what is going to happen through this process of getting a refund or a new Xbox 360.Has anyone ever had someone send them an object on Ebay that was broken? And how did you resolve the problem?
Since I am guessing you paid a large amount of money, I would do what I did in a similar situation. I emailed the seller that if I didn't hear from them and receive a response and solution, that I was going to dispute the charge on my account. If you receive defective merchandise and paid via credit card, you call them and dispute the charge. Cards come with insurance. It is also possible to do this via debit card, but you have to call your actual bank for that.





Good luck.





P.S. I ended up going through my credit card company, and got all my money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment