Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How to cut out an object from an image in GIMP?

I need to cut out this illustration from its white background... I place all the anchors as I should... but I can't get the last steps to work, meaning having the actual ';cut out'; in my hands. (I have followed some descriptions online to no gain, like this one http://www.flickr.com/groups/cutouts/discuss/72157600027959762/). What am I doing wrong? Please help!How to cut out an object from an image in GIMP?
if you meant select and copy one item, use lasso tool too select around object, copy, then paste as new in blank background, then duplicate layer, erase around edges, and save,





you can use pen tool to draw line and covert line of path to selection, then copy and paste,





you could also open image duplicate layer, erase around objects, and hide bottom layer to view transparency,





..

No comments:

Post a Comment