Sunday, December 27, 2009

I found a GROSS (foriegn object) thing in a packaged food product. What should I do?

In that product it has a contact phone number and if you found something gross in it you should call immediately and tell them. They should know english too.I found a GROSS (foriegn object) thing in a packaged food product. What should I do?
if it's really scary like this


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4peC31Mg鈥?/a>





then contact the news first so the company gets exposed and shamed into better quality control. most of the time if you contact the company first, the company will bury the evidence and when you try to sue, it's he said she said, and you lose big time.





but if you contact the news, or contact your local health authority, you have a better leg to stand on, and the company doesn't slip away.I found a GROSS (foriegn object) thing in a packaged food product. What should I do?
contact the company of the food product and let them know. They should refund your money or send you a new product.
Send the package, the foreign object, and your sales receipt back to the manufacturer for a full refund. Include a short, polite letter requesting same.
take it back to the store and get a replacement or you could sue the company if they don't comply. Just giving you options. Good Luck
find the company who had it sue them and get $$$$$$$$
I am almost certain that there is a phone number in the package to call with coments or question..


You can either call, write or go to the website and explain your concern...Make sure you can provide the code numbers printed on the package..


Companies always welcome problems like this so they can be avoid in the future.


You will definitive will get money back and sometimes a little extra from the company for your help
I once found an item in my food. I taped it to an index card (it was a bone shard), and sent it and the manufacturing code from the box, along with a POLITE note, sharing my experience and noting my concern for other consumers and the company's reputation. I received a check for about $10, some coupons for future purchases and a polite response. By not threatening them, I got a positive response. I didn't act like I was shaking them down. Now, if you want to shake them down, you should try to find all the original packaging, possibly the grocery store receipt and contact a lawyer. Good luck, hope you are ok!
There's always a number you can call that's listed on the packaging. Definitely call that- the company needs to be aware of its fault.





You can probably return the item for a full refund wherever you bought it, if you still have the receipt and if you want to.
that's what happened to my aunt. she found this gross greasy nail in a package of 100 calorie chips ahoy. i think she just sent a letter to the company with a picture and they sent her some coupons or something.
If it was a boxed product call the 1-800 number on the back or bottom for consumer report. Save the box in case they want you to send it in.





If it was at a resurant of some kind take it back, talk to a manger, and ask for the for a customer complaint number.





Remember companies can't fix what they don't know is wrong.
if it is a bug in your salad that means its organic :]
  • highlight colors
  • ointment cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment